SBCDSA – Laura Cleaves Memorial Scholarship Fund
In memory of Laura Cleaves, a former DSA Director and DA Investigator, we offer two college scholarships to the children of current members to assist with tuition. Each $2,500 scholarship has criteria setforth and administered by the Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara.
- Applicant must be the child of a current member of the SBCDSA.
- Applicant must have graduated or will graduate from a high school in the Tri-County area (Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Luis Obispo counties) or earned a GED by June to be eligible to receive a scholarship during the following academic year.*,**
- Applicant must be planning to attend school as a full-time undergraduate student at a Title IV approved school during the following academic year.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Applicant must complete the online General Scholarship Program application by the posted deadline. A personal interview is required for new applicants.
- Preference given to applicants who demonstrate financial need as verified by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR).
* If the applicant is or has been a ward of the SB County Court (youth in foster care), please call us to check your eligibility status.
** If the applicant is or has been a home-school or boarding-school student, please call us to check your eligibility status.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Early January
Each year, PORAC provides a Scholarship Program, which is available to the dependents of active & retired members and the spouse or dependent of an active member who died in the line of duty. Members who have medically retired from a regular PORAC association are eligible for the scholarship as well. PORAC’s Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to applicants who are attending or will be registering for college. More Info